- Medicare Part A covers facility-based care such as hospital visits, emergency room services, hospice, and nursing home care.
- Medicare Part B covers traditional outpatient treatments and services, including vaccinations, lab tests, mental health services, outpatient operations, durable medical equipment, and most other medical services not performed in a hospital.
- Medicare Part C (Medicare Advantage) covers elements of Parts A, B, and sometimes D.
- Medicare Part D covers prescription drugs.
- Medicare Supplements come through private insurance companies and aim to fill in the “gaps” left in the traditional Medicare coverage.
Know Your Choices
While standard Medicare offers coverage for a wide variety of services, you may find that a different plan through a separate insurance carrier better fits your needs. If you are interested in an alternative plan, we can help you find coverage through either Medicare Supplements or Medicare Advantage. Both of these plans offer additional support through third-party insurers, and they are required to provide equal or better coverage when compared to regular Medicare.